ANY PERSON ACCESSING THE TELVIVA WEB SITE AGREES TO AND IS BOUND BY THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Copyright. © 2011 TELVIVA (Pty) Ltd (“TELVIVA”). All intellectual property, images, text, programs, and other materials found in the TELVIVA Web Site are protected by the appropriate and applicable South African laws. Any commercial use of the images, text, programs or other materials found in the TELVIVA Web Site without the express written consent of TELVIVA is strictly prohibited.
- Content Submission. Certain areas of the TELVIVA Web Site allow for the exchange of information between you, the USER, and TELVIVA. Any submission by the USER becomes the property of TELVIVA, and the USER implicitly grants TELVIVA the authority and right to use that content in accordance with TELVIVA privacy policies.
- USER Responsibility. The USER assumes all responsibility for use of the TELVIVA Web Site. The USER waives all claims against TELVIVA, its officers, directors, employees, suppliers and programmers that may arise from the utilization of the TELVIVA Web Site howsoever arising.
- Accuracy of Information. While all reasonable attempts are made to ensure the accuracy of the information, USER can hold neither TELVIVA, nor its information contributors responsible for the accuracy of the information found in the TELVIVA Web Site. TELVIVA makes no expressed or implied warranty as to the accuracy or merchantability of content or programming.
Manual for Telviva (Pty) Ltd t/a Telviva Prepared in terms of the requirements of the Promotion Of Access To Information Act No 2 of 2000 (hereinafter referred to as “the Act”)
The Promotion of Access to Information Act gives effect to the constitutional right of access to any information held by the state and any information that is held by another person and that is required for the exercise or protection of any rights. The Act sets out the requisite procedures associated with any such requests for information.
In terms of the Act, where a request for information is made to a body, there is an obligation to provide the information, except where the Act, expressly provides that the information may not be released. In that context, Section 9 of the Act recognises that access to information can be limited. The limitation relates to circumstances where its release would pose a threat to the protection of privacy, commercial confidentiality, and the exercising of efficient governance.
Company and Contact Details
|Name of Company||Telviva (Pty) Ltd t/a Telviva|
|Nature of Business||Telecommunication Specialists|
|Head of Company||David Meintjes|
|Postal Address||P O Box 30359, Tokai, 7945, South Africa|
|Street Address||6th Floor, The Terraces, 2 Fir Street, Observatory, Cape Town, South Africa|
|Telephone Number||+27 87 820 0200|
|Telefax Number||+27 (21) 657-5161|
|Information Officer||Rob Lith|
(Information Regulator of South Africa)
Note: Public information on the company is available on the company’s website (www.telviva.co.za).
Guide to the Manual and its Access
It is understood that the guide is to contain such information as may reasonably be required by a person who wishes to exercise any rights contemplated in the Act. Therefore, any enquires relating to this guide should be directed to the CEO of the South African Human Rights Commission, Private Bag 2700, Houghton, 2041. Telephone (011) 484 8300 or Fax (011) 484 1360. Further information may be accessed from the web site www.sahrc.org.za
Records that are held in the Company’s Head Office:
- Personnel Records
- Conditions of employment and employee -related contractual records.
- Records relating to Customers
- Records relating to Telviva (Pty) Ltd
- Registration of CC
- Title Deeds
- Product (Intellectual Property/Type Approvals)
- Internal Correspondence
- Statutory records N/A
Information Request Procedure.
- To request a document in terms of the Act, the requester must use the prescribed form.
- This must be submitted to the Member or the Information Officer of the Company.
- The requester must provide sufficient detail to enable the company to identify the record and the requester.
- The requester must identify the right that he/she is seeking to exercise or protect, and provide an explanation of why the requested record is required for the exercise or protection of that right.
- If the request is made on behalf of a person, the requester must submit proof of the capacity in which the requester is making the request.
- In terms of section 63 of the Act, the head of the Company must refuse a request for access to a record if its disclosure would involve the unreasonable disclosure of personal information about a third party, including a deceased individual.
- Furthermore, he must refuse a request for access to a record of the company/cc/association if the record contains; trade secrets, financial, commercial, scientific and technical information, the disclosure of which could harm the interests of the Company.
- Similarly, in terms of section 64 of the Act, the above refusal grounds apply in respect of the commercial information of third parties held by the Company.
- Access to such records will require the written permission of the third party concerned before the Company will permit access to view.
- In accordance with the above mandatory refusal grounds, Member/Information Officer will make a decision whether to accede to a request for access to information.
- Any search, reproduction, and document preparation necessitated by requests for information will be undertaken in accordance with the prescribed fees currently at R250 per hour.
- In addition to the availability of this Manual at the South African Human Rights Commission, this Manual may be obtained from the Member or Information Officer of Telviva (Pty) Ltd.
In respect of hard copies, any transmission costs/postage will be for the account of the requester.
* Any personal information collected by us will be kept strictly confidential and will not be given to anyone else, for any reason.
* We do not want to receive confidential or proprietary information from you through our Web site so any information or material sent by you to us, via this web-site, will be deemed NOT to be confidential.
The privacy of your e-mail addresses
* We do not give addresses out to anyone else, for any reason.
* We might sometimes send out e-mail newsletters and promotional e-mail to our registered users about services and products offered by us.
* Registered users can indicate that they do not wish to receive e-mail information from us.
Your browser information collected on this site
* We analyse our Web site logs to constantly improve the value of our content. These logs are not personally identifiable, and we make no attempt to link them with the individuals that browse the site.
* We use IP addresses to get broad demographic information about our users in general.
* This information does not contain anything that can identify users personally.
By accessing this site, you have promised to accept and agree to the following:
* All information is provided by us on an “as is” basis only.
* Information and/or services and or programs may be changed or updated without notice.
* We assume no responsibility regarding the accuracy of the information provided and using our information is at your own risk.
* We make no representations whatsoever about any other Web site which you may access through this one.
Our Liability Disclaimer
* We make all reasonable attempts to exclude viruses from the website but we cannot guarantee a virus-free site so no liability is accepted for viruses.
* We recommend you take all appropriate safeguards when visiting our website.
Our Protection of our intellectual property
* By providing information, Telviva does not grant any licenses to any copyrights, patents or any other intellectual property rights.